Ashlee A. Moore, Ph.D.
State University of New York, Oswego
Assistant Clinical Professor (External Affiliate)
Department of Psychiatry
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
About Dr. Moore
Dr. Ashlee Moore holds a B.S. in Psychology and a Ph.D. in Clinical and Translational Science with a concentration in Psychiatric, Behavioral, and Statistical Genetics. Dr. Moore's research and training are inherently interdisciplinary, pulling from the fields of psychology, genetics, statistics, physiology, and neuroscience.
Some of Dr. Moore's current research interests include:
(1) The genetic and enviromental factors underlying abnormal psychology
(2) The development of callous-unemotional and psychopathic traits
(3) The psychophysiology of fearfulness and fearlessness
(4) The expression and identification of emotion
(5) Racial, ethnic, and cultural identitiy development
(6) Methods of increasing student engagement and performance
If you are a student interested in performing research with Dr. Moore, please click on the 'GaP lab' tab at the top of this website.
Dr. Moore is the Psychology Internship Coordinator at SUNY Oswego. Dr. Moore also regularly teaches the following courses:
PSY 200 (Lifespan Development)
PSY 290 (Research Methods in Psychology)
PSY 326 (Racial and Ethnic Identity Development)
PSY 350 (Abnormal Psychology)
PSY 498 (Capstone Internship in Psychology)